Monday 9 February 2015

What could possibly go wrong?

MSo the flight was painless but long and I would have liked longer at Muscat Airport because there were some great shops there so maybe better that I was more or less straight in and straight back out. 

Bangkok itself is seriously hot and humid and heaving with tourists. OK, I accept I'm one as well but I've never been a fan of the organised tours, the ones with some poor harassed tour guide shuffling along carrying aloft a stick with a dead parrot on it trying in vain to keep all her charges in the right place and going at a pace slightly faster than a funeral cortège. The Grand Palace and Wat Pho were so ridiculously busy that I abandoned my attempts to see something through the crowds and will return early in the morning when hopefully the majority of tourists will be munching their way through a huge breakfast. 

As for communicating with the outside world: well, I've managed to lock myself out of hotmail not once but twice!  My iPad keeps telling me I' m on a wifi that I've never been on before (yes I know that, I'm sitting in a hostel in Bangkok not my comfortable home in central London!) it wants to send a special code to my registered mobile, ok problem is I've left that with Fiona! She has very cleverly changed my password but it still won't let me log in so rather than waste my entire time here trying to achieve the impossible I'm giving up and will accept that when I get home I'll have thousands of emails from people complaining that I haven't answered them
,
Time to go out to find some dinner (and maybe even a nice cup of tea, being a non coffee drinking tourist is always tough especially when it's far too early to justify opening the wine!)





1 comment:

  1. Great post! Love the 'selfie' and that street food looks delicious! xxx

    ReplyDelete