Friday 6 February 2015

It's the final countdown!

So this time tomorrow .........

Thanks to Fiona helping yesterday my case is packed, which must be a first for me.  My usual way of preparing for a trip is to settle down to the case-filling the night before I leave.  But this trip has required far more planning than my standard 3 weeks of trotting round the Greek islands and since I'm going solo there is little point expecting someone else to have remembered what I have forgotten.

It's going to be strange for me to be doing one of these slightly batty trips without Fiona.  She and I have had some real adventures:  Amtrak-ing round the East Coast and central America (even taking the train down to Atlanta  from New York to have lunch with our great friends the Milnes before getting the train back to Washington for our flight home, all in the space of 36 hours), InterRailing from London to Istanbul via Budapest and Bucharest, then ferrying round the Greek islands and over to Bari for the trains back home via Rome.  We even had a 4 day trip one Easter where we managed to fit in Athens, Nafplio, Epidavros, Agina, Poros, Hydra and Meteora.

I have a feeling that this trip is going to be conducted at a far more leisurely pace!

Do I clean the cooker before I go??  No, can't see the point: will David even work out which is the cooker?  I have gone to the trouble for replacing some light bulbs, rather than risk him trying to do it and electrocuting himself in the process.  And thank goodness for the new shop that has opened at the end of our road, it's called COOK and it sells good quality ready made meals from cuisines around the world, already frozen and just waiting to be popped in the microwave or oven, even David can cope with that!

Time to check in online, see you all in my next blog, which will hopefully be from Bangkok.

1 comment: