Wednesday 4 February 2015

5 days to go

5 days to go and I sit here as though I have not a care in the world, despite the fact that in 4 and a half days time I fly off to Bangkok, on what can only be described as a late middle age fantasy, or as my daughter prefers to name it My Mini GapYah.

It's difficult to pinpoint exactly how this madcap idea of mine first took root, but I'm sure that at the time it seemed like a really clever idea! Now that my departure looms I'm convinced that I will get out there and find that I've forgotten even the most basic of needs and that my first few days will be spent in a scramble of replacing things that I should have had with me in the first place. No matter, we are where we are.

Finding suitable clothes and shoes for a hot and humid climate is not that easy in December and January, and I learned early on that many of the items that I have for Greek holidays are deemed unsuitable for where I'm going to be.

It's now less than 5 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment